Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Saturday, September 21, 2013
Almost done and ready to attach the bottle. A couple more details here and there, and we're ready to move on to #4. A friend recently suggested that I put a sealant on the wood, as opposed to leaving the wood just stained and raw looking... I got a can of semi-gloss wood finish, and was about to apply it to a test piece outside, but wouldn't you know it, the heavens opened up and it is just too wet out for that sort of thing today.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
The drawing is transferred and blocking in begins...
And after an evening of working it's starting to come together above the water! Speaking of above water, I haven't been much lately. I know I haven't really done much work on this piece in a month, but I've been in some pretty heavy training for an escape from Alcatraz swim at the end of this month. I've been taking the time bobbing around in the Bay to really study water from a split perspective, and I think it's showing!